The following article gives just one example of why you might want to make sure you get some good training in Wilderness First Aid. If you saw this in the wilderness and out of reach of 911, would you know what to do?


Do you recognize the signs of a stroke? Do you know what to do if someone you know has a stroke in your presence? Do you know the 4 ways to identify a stroke?

When you have a stroke most people do not realize what has happened. If you have fallen, you can explain it away many different ways. I was clumsy I tripped over my own 2 feet. I tripped over a hole in the yard. I stumbled over something on the floor. You could be fine for hours until the horror that you are not alright finally hits.

There are 4 ways to identify a stroke.

(1) Look at the persons tongue. Have the person in question stick our their tongue. Is it crooked? Does it go to the left or right.

(2) Ask the person in question to raise both arms.

(3) Ask the person to smile.

(4) Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence.

This is a life and death situation. Acting fast and good common sense is the key to saving your loved ones life.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Linda_Meckler

1 comment:

  1. One of the recent training that I have acquired for my out-of-doors escapades is wilderness first aid training. Thank you for sharing the tips on how to identify a stroke. In addition to your post, I also learnt more on the same concept here: http://survival-mastery.com/med/health/wilderness-first-aid.html

    ReplyDelete